gemini

I made these back in 2005, during my summer break, just to keep my hand working. I experimented with two silhouettes on the same page and with random themes. Also, as my entire high school experience, I combined painting with fashion, resulting these over detailed compositions with eclectic background that mix with the designs of the outfits.


For this first one, I limited myself to two colours: green and blue, and their so many different tones. When creating the composition, I had in mind air, water and nature, the traditional Romanian patterns and the Asian cuts for the dresses. As for the medium, I chose watercolours again, I like them because they are easy to work with and they give me the diversity I'm looking for. For shading and details I used pastel, crayons and markers.


For the one aboveI used as a source of inspiration my painting electric blue but I've played more with colours, adding some browns. The whole feel was ecologic, the planet Earth, with the browns for the earth and blues for the water. Same watercolour technique with pastel and crayon highlights.


This one was all about red. I remember having some anger when I painted it, thus the strong bloody red, the red latex boots (with a bit of military influence) and the madness in the lines of the skirts. In the end, painting calmed me down and so the round shapes appeared in the beading and rosette background.

I actually made this one as an assignment for my fashion design class, the concept revolved around the traditional German outfit. The colours, as I remember where my addition. I made two paintings, they were part of an exhibition, the other one linear was sold, but this one hangs proudly in my room.

Comments

  1. Now these are plain cool, congratulations ;)

    P.S.: I'm a gemini if you look at my zodiac, I guess that's one of the reasons I couldn't help stopping at this spot on the page when I saw the title.

    Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's also my sign, one of the reasons I had when I chose the title.

    Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts